Welcome to Cumbria Health On Call Ltd
Cumbria Health on Call Ltd provides primary care for patients across Cumbria. In the North of Cumbria CueDoc Ltd was established as a not-for-profit Out of Hours (OOH) provider in April 1996 and served more than 320,000 patients in North Cumbria plus visitors to the area. In the South of Cumbria Baycall an in-house PCT provider managed the out of hours cover between October 2004 and March 2009. This service covered around 136,000 patients. In 2009 CueDoc merged with Baycall to become Cumbria Health on Call (CHOC) a not-for-profit organisation which now provides out of hours support in the whole of Cumbria. In 2015 CHoC acquired a contract to run the Glenridding Health Centre, supporting a population of over 700 patients. (http://www.glenriddinghealthcentre.co.uk/CHOC.htm)
If you experience great difficulty in contacting CHoC please make your way to the nearest centre. This is only in the case that you are unable to speak to us on the telephone.
- Severe chest pain, especially with any of the following symptoms:
- pain travelling elsewhere such as ...
- nausea and / or vomiting
- any loss of consciousness or complaining of feeling faint or light headed
- a history of heart disease
- suddenly feel generally unwell
- Sudden loss of consciousness or collapse at the time of the call
- New and persistent unresponsiveness
- Severe breathing difficulties – sudden onset or worsening
- Severe or uncontrollable bleeding
- Uncontrolled fits, especially in children
- Suspected allergic reaction, causing any of the above symptoms or swelling of the nose or mouth
- Sudden palpitations (‘fluttering of the heart’) ONLY IF accompanied by fainting or loss of consciousness